The Ontario BIA Association (OBIAA) has released the first ever AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) guide developed specifically with BIAs in mind. The handbook highlights essential information in an easy-to-understand format; answers commonly asked questions; and summarizes the AODA requirements and deadlines that relate directly to you and your business members.
Click here to access the Handbook
This handbook includes:
• Easy-to-understand information on the AODA
• The business case for accessibility
• Best practices and useful tips
• Frequently asked questions
• Resources and links to templates, research, and guides
• The AODA applies to all organizations with 1+ employees – more than 360,000 businesses and organizations
• 70% of disabilities are invisible.
• Less than 2% of people who have a disability use a wheelchair or scooter as their primary mode of transportation.
• Over the next 20 years, an aging population and people with disabilities will represent 40% of the total income in Ontario - $536 Billion.
• Improved accessibility in Ontario can help generate up to $9.6 Billion in new retail spending and $1.6 Billion in new tourism spending.
For more information:
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act Website www.Ontario.ca/accessibility
AODA ServiceOntario Contact Centre 1-866-515-2025 TTY: 416-325-3408 / Toll-free: 1-800-268-7095